MAXWELL DRUMS MOVING TO NEW MIDTOWN NYC LOCATION!
It’s hard to believe that we’ve been open in NYC for almost ten years now! We opened the doors in April 2008, (which was right on the verge of our country hitting a very difficult period economically). But, with all the wonderful staff and all the customers we have in NYC, our IL store and all over the world, we have persevered. And, we are now set to embark on the next phase of our residency in wonderful NYC.
We will be moving to a great new space in NYC at 242 W. 30th St which is between 7th and 8th. And, for the first time we will have storefront space. The location is fabulous for many reasons:
- Very close to Penn Station and also Madison Square Garden.
- Close to several rehearsal spaces in the area
- Much more of a neighborhood feel than our old location, with great restaurants, bars, coffee shops and more close by.
- Close to the subway lines.
Our new facility will have:
A) 1600 sf of first floor showroom space with 20 foot ceilings.
- This area will be home to our usual stock of great new and vintage drums and accessories, as well as the home for our new “cymbal-centric” business model which will provide you with an unparalleled selection of the highest quality new cymbals from select manufacturers, and the best-of-the-best vintage cymbals.
- We’ll be creating a stand-alone kiosk that will be directly linked to our website and You Tube channels. This kiosk will let you browse inventory at either of our locations, and will also allow you to hear sound files for our items. The kiosk will be equipped with superb quality headphones to give you the best listening experience.
- And, we will be looking to sub-lease a portion of this floor to one, and only one, drum-related manufacturer. This provides an amazing opportunity for displaying product in coveted midtown NYC space.
B) 300sf mezzanine area that will be home to our café with a couple of bistro tables, coffee bar, and some very cool special drums on display, and of course great jazz playing in the background over the sound system. This will be “the” placed to hang. Come in, see some drums, sit down and relax, have an espresso, visit with friends, etc. What could be better?
C) 1300 sf basement space which will be home to the following:
- Our expanded repair shop where we will not only perform routine repairs but will also be creating some great drums (more exciting news on that to come shortly)
- We will have a fully insulated drum room on this level that will be rented out after hours for drum tracking.
- This will also be home to the storage facility for the newly formed backline business which is run by members of our talented staff.
We’re very excited to be making this move and committing to NYC once again. We believe that we are living proof that the independent drum shop is far from dead, and, that it can work even in a city as expensive as NY. We truly appreciate all the support we have received over the years, and we’re very happy that we’ll be here to continue to take care of your percussion needs ongoing.
We’re working hard to get moved into our new space by November 1st. That's a fast move, but we can't wait to get into the space! We will be a bit of a "work-in-process" in the new space as we get settled in and get the layout created, but we'll have it up to speed as fast as possible. By the way, visit us online and at our current NYC location and grab some of the great "moving sale" deals. You get some great bargains and we have less stuff to move!