12/15/20: IT'S HERE! Diamond by Craviotto. Proprietary maple ply shell drums designed by Sam Bacco and built in the USA at the Craviotto workshop in Nashville, TN. Johnny always wanted to expand the Craviotto line with a ply shell series and thanks to Sam, this completes Johnny's goal.
- Here is a video of Steve playing a prototype 8x12, 14x14, 12x22 in a higher tuning, with no muffling. HERE.
- Here is a video of the same kit with a lower tuning HERE.
- See Steve's video discussing the origins of this series HERE.
- See Sam Bacco, Exec VP, Craviotto Drums as he discusses the techincal aspects of the Diamond series drums he created. HERE.
- Diamond series "soft launch" underway with 8x12, 9x13, 16x16, 14x22 now available to order from select Craviotto dealers (Memphis Drum Shop, Fork's Drum Closet, Maxwell Drums IL and NYC, Drum Shop UK, with more dealers coming soon). All sizes, finishes and drum set configurations will be disclosed in January in the full launch coordinated with Virtual NAMM.
Craviotto Drums is proud to announce our latest creation, Diamond by Craviotto. The Diamond series is the culmination of ideas and concepts that Johnny and the entire Craviotto team worked on over many years. Those ideas were carried forward by Sam Bacco and the Craviotto team and the result is our new Diamond Series.
Johnny's love of solid shells is no secret, and his expertise in this field was second to none. However, Johnny was also a fan of excellent ply shells. He often spoke about the idea of bringing a ply shell solution into the Craviotto family, with the primary consideration being the sound of the shell of course.
The Diamond Series drums are designed to bring a "made by Craviotto" option to all players. The Diamond Series allows a drummer to enter the "Craviotto family" with a wonderful "made in the USA" drum set designed to meet very specific sonic goals, all at a price point that is very affordable. These great drums are made in Nashville, TN in the Craviotto shop and built by the Craviotto team.
Here at Craviotto, we see the Diamond Series as the culmination of another part of Johnny’s legacy. Come explore the Diamond Series and experience “ply shells perfected” (tm).
- Made in Nashville, TN at the Craviotto shop by the Craviotto team
- Proprietary maple ply shell design
- "Straight Shot" bearing edges
- "Gold tone" interior sealer
- Proprietary Craviotto hardware.
- Matching solid shell snare drums available.
The Craviotto Diamond Series has already made its debut in Nashville in some of the world's finest recording studios and has met with rave reviews.