AND, YOU CAN REGISTER TO BECOME A BIDDER BY CLICKING THIS LINK: HERE.
3/20/23 UPDATE: We will also be offering some of the finest examples of rare ephemera from my private collection, including fully authenticated and documented examples from the world of rare literature, art, historical documents, as well as items associated with prominent composers, artists, authors, politicians, heads of state, musicians and more.
ABOUT MPA: Maxwell Private Auctions (MPA) is the newest addition to our family of services, and it is an extension of something that we have essentially been doing more informally for over 15 years. We have always been involved in authenticating, buying and selling extremely rare vintage items and items owned by prominent artists. We have long-standing relationships with some of the most prominent collectors of rare vintage and artist-owned instruments, and, all MPA transactions are handled by myself personally. Confidentiality for both buyers and sellers is also of utmost importance to us, so buyers and sellers deal directly with me.
- Steve has been the curator of the world’s finest private collection of rare and celebrity owned drums in the world.
- Authenticated and brokered the sale of instruments owned by such
famous drummers as Buddy Rich, Joe Morello, Elvin Jones, Mel Lewis, Tony Williams,
Sonny Greer, Don Lamond, Cozy Cole, Papa Jo Jones, Philly Joe Jones, Gene Krupa, Peter Erskine, Stan Levey, Dave Tough, Louie Bellson, Jake Hanna, Earl Palmer, Billy Gladstone and more.
- Sold more of the rarest drums and drum sets than anyone in the world. Items such as: the finest known Ludwig Top Hat and Cane drum set; the finest known and unique example of Leedy’s Autograph of the Stars set; four of the twelve known examples of ’50s era Gretsch cadillac nitron green “Birdland” drum sets; more Gretsch round badge era 12-14-18 drum sets than any dealer worldwide; twelve of the rare Billy Gladstone snares (of which only 25 exist); and one of the only two complete Billy Gladstone drum sets.
Our worldwide clientele consists of serious players, collectors, investors and anyone else who loves the finest examples of rare vintage drums. Our expertise runs deep and is rooted in the superb instruments crafted by US manufacturers from the 1920s through the 1970s.
Our new Maxwell Private Auctions site offers the following:
- A true auction environment whereby you can bid on some of the finest examples of rare percussion instruments in the world.
- Bidders must register online, and will be informed if their bid has been exceeded.
- Multiple payment options will be available including bank wire, PayPal, and credit card.
- Some of the items that will be among the first wave will include: Rare Craviotto Timeless Timber birdseye maple snare drum (3rd most densely figured of all I have seen); Joe Morello's complete Ludwig 70s era Mach 4 drum set with stands, pedals, cymbals and canister throne; a truly wonderful Ludwig 20s era 4x14 Black Beauty scroll pattern snare drum; and much, much more to come.