4/25/15: JOIN US IN ILLINOIS FOR OUR ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE ON FRIDAY MAY 20th FROM 6-9pm. We always have an open house on the evening before the annual Drum Show and this year it also serves as our Grand Opening celebration for the new Illinois store. Only 15 minutes from this year's show venue! RSVP to Steve at email@example.com so we can get a sense for the crowd. Light refreshments as always (wine, coffee, water, and some snacks). Address for your GPS: 2000 Bloomingdale Rd (Unit 110), Glendale Heights, Illinois. 60139. Shop phone 630-237-4997. Steve's cell 630-865-6849.
DIRECTIONS: Set your GPS to take you to 2000 Bloomindgale Rd, Glendale Heights, IL. 60139. Or, from Chicago take the I-290 westbound expressway. Take exit 15A to follow I-88 Westbound. Then take I-355 North. Follow I-355 N and exit at North ave. Take a left (west) onto North Ave. Take North Ave west to Bloomingdale Rd. Take a right onto BloomingdaIe Rd. Take a left at Brandon and the first immediate left into the indiustrial center. Unit #110. (NOTE: Brandon is between North Ave and Army Trail Road).
Our expansion over the years made it clear that we needed larger facilities. The new faciltiy brings us more space than ever before. Here's what we have in the new space:
- There are almost 1,000 drums here, and over 500 cymbals, hardware, etc.
- Museum: Our museum room includes: Buddy Rich's last Slingerland endorser kit as well as cymbals owned and used by Buddy; Rufus Jones's Slingerland kit used with Duke Ellington; The Yamaha kit from the Jazz Showcase used by Roy Haynes, Elvin and more; Steve's personal Gretsch cadillac nitron green Birdland set; Ludwig ultra-rare top hat & cane drum set; Steve's personal WMP Rogers kit with wood dyna; Steve's personal Slingerland copper-over-wood kit, and much, more.
- World's largest Craviotto showroom: including Craviotto drum set #1 and #2, the only birdseye maple bop kit made in 2010, 15 sets and over 30 snares.
- Gretsch USA showroom: including fabulous examples of Gretsch USA Custom, Broadkaster, Brooklyn and special one-offs done only for us.
- Vintage drums and cymbals: We are the world's largest vintage dealer.
- Analog Recording Studio: Cowbird Music, our analog recording studio, makes its home here as well. Studio available for sessions. Come down and record in the same way that they made all of the great hits in the 60s and 70s! We just added the Altec Lansing studio monitors made specifically for Les Paul in the late 50s and used extensively in his home studio!
- Manufacturing (in our attached 3500sf warehouse): We will be doing light manufacturing for drum building as well as a special cymbal lathing operation as well.
Stop in and see us Fri 11-6. Sat 10-5. Other hours by appointment. Call our new shop number 630-237-4997, or call Steve at 630-865-6849 or Steve Jr at 630-886-1720.
Enjoy the pics!
Craviotto kits: left to right: Birdseye maple bop kit 2010, 12/14/18/5.5; Kit serial #001 maple 13/16/22/5.5, cherry with large diamond cast lugs 13/16/22.
Close up of the Craviotto birdseye kit:
Close up of the cherry kit with diamond cast lugs. Cool "vintage" vibe!
Close up of part of kit #001