Major remodeling in our NY store! SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATES.
Starting Nov 9th, 2015 we will begin making some exciting changes in our NY store. The growth here has been excellent over the years and we thank all of our wonderful customers for that. A few years back we expanded up to the 4th floor in addition to the main shop on the 3rd floor because we were out of space on 3. This was great because it allowed us to expand as we needed to, but it also made things more difficult to manage by needing to go between floors, specifically since we had our Gretsch USA showroom and the Craviotto East Coast showroom both on the 4th floor. And, for our customers, they needed to go between the floors to experience everything we have, which we felt was not ideal for the customers. This new structure will allow us to focus the customer buying experience to the 3rd floor, with our packing, shipping, drum building and repair remaining on the 4th floor. So, we’ve initiated this project which will include the following:
- Renovation of the 3rd floor to allow better display of sets and also the ability to stack sets with second tier shelves. We should be able to add an additional 20 kits to the 3rd floor space.
- Migration of the Craviotto showroom to the 3rd floor. Now, all of the incredible solid shell Craviotto sets will be right there before your eyes when you walk in the door on 3. Major eye-candy.
- Migration of the Gretsch USA drum set products to the 3rd floor with some of our shell bank overstock remaining on 4.
- Additional restructuring of the sales floor on 3 to support more product and a more logical, customer-friendly layout.
- New layout on 3 for our photo booth and sound file booth as well as a new layout for incoming purchases and consignment items to be staged.
- On the 4th floor we’ll keep our repair shop, drum building, packing and shipping functions, but we will be restructuring that space as well for a more logical layout.
We’ll start the process on Nov 9th and will complete it in stages, with completion anticipated by Dec 1 for the 3rd floor work. So, hang in there with us while we create what we feel will be the ultimate drum shop experience for you, our customers.
NOV 12TH UPDATE:
The pic below shows the new shelving on the 3rd floor. This is the area that will become the Craviotto drum set showroom. When we move those sets down from 4 we will have sets assembled on the bottom level and then sets stacked above so that you will be able to see all of what we have. And, the snares will be down on 3 as they currently are today, so all of the Craviotto snares and sets will be at your fingertips.